Friends for the Preservation of Historic Landa Park is a non-profit organization comprised of 5 garden clubs & individuals in New Braunfels, Texas who have joined together by their common love and concern for a park which draws nearly 1 million visitors a year. 2017 marks the 10-year anniversary for the Friends organization.
To provide support to the New Braunfels Parks & Recreation Advisory Board in order to accomplish the following:
1. To restore to their original condition the rock walls fronting all watercourses of Landa Park
2. To install an irrigation system in the total land area of Landa Park
3. To aerate regularly all open land areas within Landa Park
4. To maintain and plant new trees in the William & Dolores Schumann Arboretum and to mulch and prune trees properly
5. To maintain and install landscaping along new tree-lines quiet areas
6. To eliminate use of all portable BBQ grills, tents, and canopies in Landa Park
7. To set aside areas for restoration of landscape grass and trees within Landa Park
8. To establish an Architectural Committee to review and make recommendations of all proposed new structures in Landa Park, emphasizing handicap-friendly approaches and to adhere to the general Harry Landa original structures of native wood and rocks
9. To provide proper drainage to control erosion
10.To advocate for the protection of the Comal Springs in Landa Park
Meetings are held 3 times a year at Landa Haus in Landa Park, always on a Monday at 3pm, preceded by refreshments at 2:30pm. The public is invited!
Notice for April 12, 2021! We will not be meeting at Landa Haus at 3pm like usual: we will have an informal gathering at 10am at the Founders Oak tree in Landa Park. It's been a long time since we've gathered! Open to the public. We will have cookies; bring your own water and a chair if you'd like. See you Monday !!
If you would like to make a DONATION to Friends, you may send a check to club treasurer:
896 Mary Preiss Dr
New Braunfels, TX 78132
"The Nation behaves well if it treats its natural resources as assets which it must turn
over to the next generation increased, and not impaired, in value"
Copyright © 2017 Friends for the Preservation of Historic Landa Park - All Rights Reserved.
Photos courtesy of : Gay Foester Woodward, Elisabet Barker, John Moler & Lesley Schlumberger
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder