Friends for the Preservation of Historic Landa Park is a non-profit organization comprised of 5 garden clubs & individuals in New Braunfels, Texas who have joined together by their common love and concern for a park which draws nearly 1 million visitors a year. 2017 marks the 10-year anniversary for the Friends organization.
To provide support to the New Braunfels Parks & Recreation Advisory Board in order to accomplish the following:
1. To restore to their original condition the rock walls fronting all watercourses of Landa Park
2. To install an irrigation system in the total land area of Landa Park
3. To aerate regularly all open land areas within Landa Park
4. To maintain and plant new trees in the William & Dolores Schumann Arboretum and to mulch and prune trees properly
5. To maintain and install landscaping along new tree-lines quiet areas
6. To eliminate use of all portable BBQ grills, tents, and canopies in Landa Park
7. To set aside areas for restoration of landscape grass and trees within Landa Park
8. To establish an Architectural Committee to review and make recommendations of all proposed new structures in Landa Park, emphasizing handicap-friendly approaches and to adhere to the general Harry Landa original structures of native wood and rocks
9. To provide proper drainage to control erosion
10.To advocate for the protection of the Comal Springs in Landa Park
Meetings are held 3 times a year at Landa Haus in Landa Park, always on a Monday at 3pm, preceded by refreshments at 2:30pm. We invite you to attend our meetings and to become a member of Friends. There are membership forms always available at the meetings.
Our next meeting will be Monday, September 9, 2019 at Landa Haus in Landa Park.
Our first meeting of 2020 with be Monday, January 13, 2020.
If you would like to make a DONATION to Friends, you may send a check to club treasurer:
896 Mary Preiss Dr
New Braunfels, TX 78132
"The Nation behaves well if it treats its natural resources as assets which it must turn
over to the next generation increased, and not impaired, in value"
Friends will have a booth at Folk Fest 2019! This is a fun, unique event for the whole family.
Saturday, April 13 10am-6pm
Sunday, April 14 11am-5pm
Museum of Handmade Furniture
1370 Church Hill Drive, New Braunfels
Come visit us at our booth. We will be selling our Landa Park Book!
Headwaters at the Comal is holding a special celebration on Earth Day, Saturday, April 20, 1-5pm.
Friends will have a booth there; we will be selling our Landa Park Book. Come see us! FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, PRIZES, EXHIBITORS!
Copyright © 2017 Friends for the Preservation of Historic Landa Park - All Rights Reserved.
Photos courtesy of : Gay Foester Woodward, Elisabet Barker, John Moler & Lesley Schlumberger